Commonly known as the ‘Grain of Life’ or the ‘Hungry Rice,’ Fonio is the smallest and one of the oldest grown and harvested grains in the world. OTI Fonio grain or ekpui / nvoni, as respectively called by the native growers, is cultivated in the Saboba-Chereponi and Zabzugu-Tatali Districts of the Northern Region of Ghana and is traditionally prepared as breakfast cereal or rice / couscous, and used in salads or stews or eaten as a side dish.
OTI Precooked White Fonio has been tested and approved 100% organic and gluten free by Eurofins.
You can also add it to flour for baking or salads. Including it in your diet may help to keep the cardiovascular system healthy.
- Want to become a distributor of OTI Gluten-Free White Fonio Grain? Contact our sales department.
- For individual use, please contact our distributor; BackToEden Healthy Foods.
100% Gluten-Free OTI Organic White Fonio (100kg)
- Containing vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6, fonio is an excellent source of folic acid;
- Fonio helps reduce the statistics on iron deficiency anaemia;
- Being a gluten-free cereal, fonio helps cure celiac disease;
- Containing high fibre content, fonio is recommended to diabetics;
- Being low in fat, calories, and sodium, fonio contains many health and nutritional benefits including; protein, dietary fibre, and minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron).